I’ve already wrote this blog post once. I’m just not sure where it went of course! Typical me. Seriously, if my head wasn’t attached to my body, I’d probably lose it. I’m always, ALWAYS, a hot mess.
I know summer isn’t really the time for “hot” dips, (hence the reason I wrote this post weeks ago when it was chillier out, *insert eye roll here*) but this dip is one of our favorite. Usually we make it on Sunday afternoons when we don’t really want a huge dinner or some game on television Craig wants to watch.
Spinach Artichoke dip has become my favorite. I’m not a huge fan of buffalo chicken dip, it always makes my stomach hurt with that spicy hot sauce in it. I know I’m a wimp, but just regular hot sauce makes my eyes water.
Healthier Spinach Artichoke Dip
Healthier version of the popular Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 10oz fresh spinach wilted down w/1tbls butter
- 1 block fat free (or 1/3 fat) cream cheese
- 3/4 plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup queso fresco crumble cheese
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped artichoke hearts
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 1.5 qt baking dish with non stick spray, set aside
- With a wooden spoon, mix the cream cheese & yogurt together until smooth. Then add in the parmesan & queso fresco cheese until smooth.
- Now add in your freshly wilted down spinach. I like to do this with the spinach still warm to help melt all the first few ingredients together. After that spinach is in, add in your chopped artichoke & garlic. Also add in your salt & pepper to your liking during this part.
- Once all the ingredients have been mixed, sprinkle shredded mozzarella on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, then for an additional five minutes, turn your broiler on low & let the top cheese melt until browning.
Per Serving: 275 calories; 18 g fat; 3.5g carbohydrates;
19.7 g protein; 44 mg cholesterol; 751 mg sodium.